Stuff I finished lately:
"Confess" by Rob Halford. Listened to the audio version, read by the Metal God himself. A very genuine, vulnerable, and eye-opening story taking Rob from his childhood in the English factory town of Walsall to the COVID lockdowns, and a small update added afterward. This did not disappoint.
"The Unwritten," by Mike Carey and Peter Gross. This, however, did disappoint in the long run. I launched (back) into this DC/Vertigo series on the app recently, and finished it on a weekend trip to Cape Cod. I used to wonder why this series wasn't spoken more highly of, and now I know why. Not only is the ending dragged out far too long, but the final handful of issues are completely wasted in a needless crossover with Bill Willingham's "Fables." Then the series took a break, and expected readers to come back for a 12-issue mini-series in order to read the actual ending. I'm not sure I've ever seen a creator-owned series so badly fumbled that wasn't simply cancelled before its time.
No comments:
Post a Comment